DLB Community of Practice
The DLB “community of practice” is established amongst some 400 plant breeders (120 of whom are women) within African national agricultural research systems (NARS). These professionals are working on 44 crops within 28 countries of Africa. A comprehensive survey was conducted with this community as to their current priorities and new varieties available
The DLB project partners are working with this community to mainstream demand-led breeding within breeding programs for several target crops in the countries of Africa. The members of the community of practice are mainly those who have participated in more than 20 DLB training workshops conducted in eastern, southern, and West Africa between 2015-20.
For more information on the DLB community of practice or to
- Develop and support in developing new product profiles
- Join one of the DLB crop thematic group and to request for distance learning in DLB concept contact:
Who are the DLB CoP members ?
Where the DLB CoP members are working?
Which countries are the alumni from?
Which are the DLB CoP members target crops?
What are the released varieties?
- More than 480 varieties released from 2014 to 2018
- Number of Regions in Africa where the varieties can be used:82
- For 62% of the breeders, their varieties will serve between 10,000-20,000 farmers
- For 20% it will serve at most 1000 farmers (<50 -1000 farmers)
Alumni thematic groups